Pre-school website: www.stmichaelandallangelspreschool.org.uk
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/58807268298/
Dear Parents and Carers
Thank you for taking the time to read our newsletter.
The new term has started well and most of the new children have now begun to settle. French lessons continue on Wednesday mornings with Severine and the children are learning new words and songs rapidly. On Friday mornings, we have our dance teacher Gemma teaching the children a range of dance styles along with gymnastics.
We have taken the first group of the oldest children to Belfairs woods for their Forest School sessions. The children have thoroughly enjoyed themselves and have been able to work as a team, deciding on boundaries and developing bonds amongst the group.
On Friday afternoons, we have started our “Little Angels” club. The first session focussed on messy play and we had lots of fun activities such as foot and hand painting. The children who attended had a fantastic time, although they were a little messy by home time!
We are pleased to welcome the new Priest In Charge, Tom Loh and his family and wish them happiness in their new posting at our church. We also welcome two new staff member Chloe Dyton, who will be working Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon sessions and Melanie Greenidge who will be working some lunch clubs and covering sessions should staff be off for any reason.
- Please advise us if you have given your child any medication, this is important if we have an emergency situation.
- Please let us know if someone other than you or a usual arrangement will be collecting your child.
- For the security of all children if you need to take your child into the toilet area can you please alert a member of staff who will accompany you if other children are present, additionally please do not use mobile phones inside the hall area.
Monday 27th October-Friday 31st October Half Term
Friday 7th November (afternoon session) “Little Angels” session Focus is on fun maths activities.
Friday 14th November (afternoon session) “Little Angels” session “We’re Going On A Bear Hunt”
21st December 2014 10.45-11.15 For parents of children who attend Friday mornings, Gemma will be holding an open session for dance lessons, so come along and see what the children have learnt!
- We welcome help from parents and grandparents, it is always great to have someone in to read to the children or to help with creative activities, music, or computer, please speak to a member of staff if you can spare the time.
- We are always grateful for any donations of tissues, hand-washing soap or lining paper. Please speak to Sally, Sandra or Vanessa if you wish to donate toys – whilst we do appreciate offers of toys, our storage space is limited, but we can usually make space for something special.
- Please feel free to look at our parents information table, where we have copies of policies, details of staff and their achievements, comments and suggestions box and “WOW” moments notes which you can fill in if you have any exciting or interesting information to let us know about your child.
- If you are concerned about the safety or well-being of any child, our named safeguarding coordinator is Sally Bailey. Please contact Sally to make an appointment or speak to her in privacy should you have any concerns.