St Michael and All Angels Pre-school is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for children.
We do this by:
- Respecting all children, irrespective of age, developmental stage, ability, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or culture.
- Recognising that all children have the right to feel safe all of the time.
- Always placing the safety and wellbeing of children first.
- Ensuring, as far as possible, that we consider every situation and minimise any risks to the children for whom we care.
- Ensuring that our staff are carefully selected and accept responsibility for helping to prevent the abuse of children in their care.
- Providing the opportunity for parents and children to express any concerns that they may have and being open to discussion regarding any aspect of our behaviour with children and encouraging parents to contact the appropriate authorities if they remain concerned.
- Being open to the idea that child abuse does happen.
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to all suspicions or allegations of abuse and by adopting the Child Protection guidelines given to Early Years by OFSTED and following the Southend Area Child Protection Committee Procedures (or the Essex equivalent if necessary) for reporting any suspected abuse to the Department for Children and Education or Police immediately.
- Acknowledging that all discussions between staff and parents/carers are confidential with the exception of those relating to Child Protection issues. However, we further undertake to ensure that this information would only be passed on the appropriate people within the setting and to the external authorities.
- Mrs Sally Bailey has been designated as the person who will take specific responsibility for child safety and act as the main point of contact for parents, children and outside agencies.
- Receiving and renewing training on child protection issues.
- Regularly reviewing the effectiveness of our Child Protection Policy and procedures.
- This document is a summary of our Child Protection Policy, should you wish to see the full policy and procedures please ask Davina or Sally.
- Providing you with relevant contact telephone numbers as follows:
- Department for Children and Education 01702 215000
- Police Child Protection Team 01268 771919
- OFSTED 0845 6014771
- Early Years Development and Childcare Partnership 01702 236060
- NSPCC Helpline 0808 800 5000
- Childline 0800 1111
- Mrs Sally Bailey
- Contact Us form
- mobile: 07773 018632
- home: 01702 533990
From time to time we may take photographs of your child whilst they are in our care, these photographs may be displayed on our displays, on your child’s records and report, or occasionally published in the local newspapers. Should you wish us not to photograph your child please provide us with a written instruction to this effect. Failure to provide this will be assumed as having given your consent.